The Academy offers a series of medical-related professional services, which ease manpower shortage in public healthcare system in Hong Kong and upkeep professional standard of medical and dental profession.
The Academy has been approached from time to time by the Hong Kong Police Force and other government departments, The Medical Council of Hong Kong, The Dental Council of Hong Kong, as well as legal ﬁrms, for assistance in identifying Fellows who could be expert witness. In this regard, the Academy has invited Fellows who are interested in being expert witness to submit information to the Secretariat since 2010. A List was compiled and has been made available to many enquirers upon formal request since then.
The role of the Academy is a coordinator, and Fellows selected to assist in particular cases would be contacted directly by the parties concerned. The Academy will not be involved in any of those cases. Fellows who wish to have their names added to this List may now complete and return the reply form to the Academy.
Those included in the List should be able to conduct themselves fairly and professionally, and be able to produce an impartial expert report of adequate quality.
The Academy provides Temporary Medical Registration service following the principles and rules governed by the law, with an aim to support hospitals and medical-related institutions to organise CME/CPD programmes for medical and dental specialists in Hong Kong. Through the service, the Academy, supports individual medical professionals who are nominated by medical superintendent or Chairperson of relevant Specialist CME/CPD Committee, to perform any CME/CPD accredited clinical teaching or research in a private hospital.
View and download Guidance Notes and Application Form for Temporary Medical Registration
- A three-month time is in general required for Constituent Colleges, Education Committee and Academy Council to process each application for Temporary Medical Registration. The Medical Council of Hong Kong may also require one more month to approve the application. Applicants are thus advised to well schedule the timeline with sufficient buffer time and send the application.
- Any applications submitted less than two months before the clinical teaching or research will not be considered.
Macao Academy of Medicine
- Nomination of External Examiners
Drug Office of the Department of Health, Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Nomination of expert for giving comments on new drug applications
- Nomination of specialists as members of Selection Boards for Consultant posts
- Verification of qualifications for Limited Registration applications
- Sharing of comments on credentialled procedures and activities being promulgated by Hospital Authority
- Introductory letter for booking accommodation at Royal Society of Medicine
- Certification of Fellowship status for promotion
- CME / CPD accreditation for conferences and meetings